Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mt Kato

Mt. Kato is typically my favorite race of the year, but I knew I was going to have issues as soon as I woke up Sunday morning. My legs we stiff from playing lacrosse Friday night, but I thought I could still make a good showing. My plan was to start slow this week, and ramp it up over the three laps. My body started with a no, and was screaming no by the end of the last lap.

It was fun racing with Andy for a while, but he blew my doors off by the end of the second lap. He caught me at the top on lap two, and just kept on accelerating to the end. It was fun to see him in good form. I saw a lot of other friendly faces, which always make racing so much fun!

I think I am done racing the mud this year. I don't enjoy, and don't have the time for, the bike maintenance. After 2 mud races this year, the bearings on my rear derailleur pulleys are toast and so is my bottom bracket. I have a new rear der. and bb on order. I should get them later this week.

Next stop: Red Wing

Results: 10th out of 11th in 35-39 Sport. 53 out of 84 and 2:45 behind Andy.

2 comments:

  1. The maintenance and money after a mudder isn't fun. I'm thinking July and August will be bone dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to race Red Wing? I doubt I'll be making it down there...

    ReplyDelete