Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Life Strikes Again

Coming into another summer with the expectation of putting on a lot of miles has gone out the window. I am not throwing in the towel, but I am definitely going to have to restructure my training schedule. It seems that if you have any experience with lacrosse in this state, there are organizations that need you as a volunteer. For the third straight year, I am coaching lacrosse. The plan was to take this summer off, but unfortunately there hasn't been anyone to step up and take my job. Oh well, it could be worse...

I haven't been on the bike much, so I am a little concerned about the Afton race this weekend. I am excited and all signed up, and will just have to ride within my capabilities. In returning to racing last year, Afton was the race where I fell apart after the first climb and literally had to stop and catch my breath. I guess I can be happy that I am far from that former self, and that I can get out and enjoy a race with friends.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy that you get a chance to spend time with you kids AND still do some riding and racing. I'm glad you aren't giving up on bike racing. I think you're really coming along and I'd hate for you to not realize your potential while you're in such good shape. See you this weekend at Afton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is half the battle with this crazy bike racing. Fitting it in.

    Have fun at Afton. See you there!

    ReplyDelete