Monday, June 14, 2010

Making The Turn

After a rough time last week, I think I am starting to make the turn. The cold is letting up, and the bike is set to ride. The only thing holding me back now is the weather. We have hit a bit of a cold rainy snap and it is hard to get motivated to ride the road. It really needs to dry out so we can get out on the dirt again.

I read on another blog that Dirtspanker was a mud-fest. I am glad I didn't head up this weekend, because I don't want to deal with the mechanical issues as a result of mud. It is my opinion that the chain suck incidents during Freewheel damaged my chain, resulting in the break during afton.

Two weeks out to Mankato. My favorite race of the year. I plan on racing Buck this Thursday in preparation.

I bought a new XT cassette, and was suprised by the change in appearance. The cogs in earlier versions were shiny and crisp looking. The new XT cogs look sintered and cheap.

2 comments:

  1. Miles, miles miles. I need to ride more miles. I hope to join you this Thursday night, provided the Duplex doesn't throw any new curve-balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, hitting big miles is the goal. I only got out twice last week, but it was a good rest. This week I plan on dialing it up..

    ReplyDelete