Monday, August 9, 2010

Border Battle

Raced the Border Battle yesterday and died of heat exhaustion (heat index over 100F). Came back from the dead to type this blog update.

Course conditions were a repeat of last year. It rained the night before, so guess what? Mud. Not a lot of mud, but enough to cake your tires and slow you down.

Felt good, but was not going to cook myself. Not a stellar finish, but was enough to move up on points with the guy in the #5 spot. Results: 13/27 AG, 105/215 OA, Three laps at Whitetail Ridge in 1:27:44

WORS knows how to put on a race...

On a funny (for me) but shameful note, I probably did the worst passing job in my life at this race. At the end of the third lap I was hitting some lap traffic. I had just passed a group of 5 riders that I was racing against, and was trying to hold a gap. On a short climb I caught up to a women followed by a man. The women knew I was there and made some room. I passed on her right, but got boxed in by the guy and the trail. I had this great idea that I could bushwhack between 2 trees and swing in front of the guy. During my elegant pass I cut across the front of the women, split the two trees and cut into the guy resulting in him going off track. Nobody went off their bike, but I was probably seen as a giant a-hole. I apologized immediately, but I don't think they took my antics lightly. Oops.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job, it was frickin' hot out yesterday. For my training I planted some flowers then retired to the AC to play some heart-pounding MW2 action.

    ReplyDelete