Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Waiting For Hong Kong

The fast Stryker project is still on-hold due to a late shipment from Hong Kong. I ordered a new 85 ampere ESC last week to use for the motor testing, but it hasn't arrived yet due to the Chinese New Year. I received an email notification that it was boxed up, so I will probably get it by the end of the week.

I am torn right now between the 28mm and 36mm inrunners. I think I would like to keep the wing loading low, so I am starting to focus more on the 28mm motor. the only downside is the prop combination I would have to use is not as efficient as the 36mm choices. I guess it will really come down to the bench results once I get the new ESC.

Both mounts I bought from customrcparts.com are very high quality, but did require some machining to work with the Turnigy inrunners. Everything is in place to run the bench test this weekend. I know I am going to need the 85 amp ESC, as I ran a test last weekend on the 28mm motor, 4.75x4.75 APC prop, and 60 amp ESC, and acheived 50 amps @ 1/2 throttle. It was a little scarry to watch, so I am definitely looking at a remote test stand.

1 comment:

  1. The shipment from Hobbyking isn't late, it's just at my house. ;)

    ReplyDelete