Monday, March 7, 2011

Cold Toes

Another cold weather ride this weekend has left me yearning for Spring. I went out on Sunday and rode my 17 mile loop. Conditions we good on the outbound trail, but very icy on the loop back. The ice patches forced some sprint intervals -- slowing for each large puddle/ice patch and hammering back up to cruising speed.

I got a little frostbit on the toes during the ride. Nothing damaging, but enough to feel as they warmed at home. I made the mistake of putting cold shoes on, which had been sitting in the garage all week. My poor footsies never had a chance...

I am officially headed out west over the last week of March for some riding (Moab) and skiing (Steamboat) with Asher. We are going to have a great time. Watch for the post-trip pictures and movies. I am going to try to pick up the GoPro before we leave.

1 comment:

  1. Moab? Steamboat? You are living the life!! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete