Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Murphy Weekend

I got out to Murphy this weekend on Saturday and Sunday. Both time I brought the boys, so it was not at hard training ride.

On Saturday, Josh, Max, and I did a full lap. It took us 2 hours, but the boys seemed to enjoy it. If they have to look forward to ice cream, then it is worth it for them. Josh rode most of the hazards, with the exception of the elevated roller coaster. He was much more comfortable on the bike, now that I cut his seatpost down. I thought we were in trouble when Max went over his bars on one of the bridges. He cried a little, but was ready to continue on.

On Sunday, I bought Jenny a mountain bike. We went out to the trail as a family. This was Jenny's first time hitting the dirt, and she was pretty scared. The intent was to ride the green and blue sections this time, but the three boys got way ahead of mom and dad. The three of them continued onto the black trail without waiting. In the meantime, Jenny was struggling to complete the blue section, but was improving. I decided to bring her back out to the green loop, where she was more comfortable, and catch up to the boys in the black loop. With Jenny safe and sound, I took off at top speed back into the blue section. I had a great time hammering out the blue and a portion of the black before I caught up with Josh and Max. I rode the last 2.5 miles to the green with the little boys, but never saw Asher.

Although both days included a lot of slow riding, I was a little tired on Monday. I guess I will call those days endurance rides...

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on getting the family out! Anna will have to join Jenny. I don't believe Anna has been out on the mountain bike this year yet so it'll be a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete