Sunday, March 14, 2010

On more thing...

I was playing around with the flex of the Stryker airframe yesterday, and wasn't really happy with the rigidity of the single layer of 3/4 ounce fiberglass over foam. Since I was in the process of cutting out the elevons (balsa) and glassing them, I thought I would add another sheet of glass to the underside of the airframe. It is going to add a little weight, but after playing with the final product this morning, I am very happy with the results. The airframe is very rigid now, and will be able to handle those high G turns expected.

The only thing I am re-evaluating is the motor selection. With the added weight, it might be nice to have a motor that can produce more torque (i.e. 36 mm). I guess I will have to get this thing in the air to final make that decision...

No comments:

Post a Comment