Monday, March 22, 2010

Getting excited -- SPRING

With Spring-like weather hitting this neck of the woods, my thoughts are shifting from building, to flying. Not to mention, I am also excited about the approaching mountain biking race season. I guess that's the closest I get to "flying" around the woods. With that said, I will probably start to have some posts that may cover either subject.

I ran another motor test on the 36mm motor. I wanted to re-evaluate the perfomance of the 5S battery with a 8x6 prop. This was a quick test, because as soon as the throttle was increase beyond ~75%, the motor was pulling 100 A, and the ESC cut power. I definitely want to look at a 7" prop with the same setup. Should be a possible solution for the Stryker.

On Saturday I went riding with Josh, Andy, and Dan Knudsvig. Fun ride, but I couldn't keep up with the group. I guess I have some work to do... We went for a good 26 miles through, and around, beautiful Afton. I hope to get over there a few more times before the first race in May. A lot of big hills for training.

No comments:

Post a Comment