Monday, December 5, 2011

Season Wrap-Up

It is that time of year again, where the snow starts to fly and you get an opportunity to reflect on how the racing and riding season went.
  • Completed a total of 16 races this year. 10 Mountain Bike races and 6 Cyclocross races.
  • I found my legs in the sport category and will try to maintain that fitness through the winter. I have seen it drop off through the CX season, with a continued drop is the standings.
  • Fell in love with single-speed racing.
  • Didn't do enough fun rides. That is always the case.
  • Found a new pain threshold, and thinned out quite a bit
I am not going to stop riding this winter like I have done in years past. I did a 17 mile ride this weekend while it snowed. As long as it is above 10 degrees F, I will be out on the bike two times per week. I am also going to get racing earlier this year by doing a couple of the Crits in the early spring. Beyond that it will be a mix of weights, running, and riding. Above all, I am going to look at putting together a more structured approach to training. I hope to have something in place by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment