Sunday, May 23, 2010

Freewheel Frolic

First race of the year was fun, but messy. After a 2 hour delay due to rain the race was one of the muddiest experiences I have ever had. I already cleaned the bike twice and I am now considering pulling some things apart. There is grit everywhere. I think it was best described by another rider, 'it was like riding through peanut butter'.

This was my first sport race since entering my 30's and it felt natural. I ended the day with a 4th place finish in my age group, and 44th/160 riders. I don't think this was a good measure of my performance, as there were a lot of riders who didn't finish the race (or start for that matter). It will be interesting to see if any new names show up as front runners at the next race (Afton). Here are the results for my age group: http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0011/5518/MNMBS1-AgeGroupResults.pdf

2 comments:

  1. Quite a day out there for you guys. Sweet new banner. I assume that is a pic from yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the weekend before, up at the Spring Fling. I was still having fun...

    ReplyDelete